AddThis Feed Button

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The People's Champion

Did you get to watch the Player's Championship this past weekend?? Especially Sunday? If not, you missed a great ending to a great golf tournament. Phil Michelson, and if I spelt his name wrong, I apologize, won what the golf industry calls it's 5th major. Not only was his ball striking splendid, he was calm, cool and collected. Yes, maybe he did did a bit of a break on the 18th with his second shot not taking one more roll and finding the water. But hey, everyone and I mean everyone deserves a break here and there. God knows Tiger gets his fair share of them.

I think the thing I liked so much about this years winner was, that when they handed him the trophy, (what a chunk of glass!) before he would talk about his game, or triumph, he made it a point to acknowledge ALL the mothers on Mother's day, including his wife and his mother, and mother in law. Also, Phil stood up there and thanked ALL is coaches, I don't think that there is any bad blood between any of them, and most important, he didn't burn any bridges. Just a class guy. After the press, and I despise the press, crucified him at last years US Open, I am glad to see him come back and win a tournament of this caliber. Phil deserves to be called the People's Champion.

Speaking of the Press, what was up with Johnny, Gary, and Roger talking back and forth so much?? God I haven't heard that much rambling about anything in a long time. Useless info they spew sometimes. I'd rather watch it without the sound on.

Red Sox continueing to look good. Dice K had another good outing in his start against the Tigers. Beckett, Beckett is from Planet Awesometron as my buddy Fitzy would say. BTW, that is where Tom "F" Brady hangs out!

Stanley Cup playoffs, Sens are up 3-0. I mentioned them last week, and they are looking good. I think they will be well rested, just hope they are not rusty when the "Blow me" Red Wings, and Ducks series is completed.

Last thing, if you are in the Nashville Tn area, Thirsty Thursdays are back at the Longshot Sports Grille and Cantina on Demonbreun st. What does that mean you ask?? 2 4 1 beer ALL night, and 2 4 1 Liquor until 10pm! Come join us! This Thursday, May 17th, a bunch of us are meeting up at the Longshot, grab a bite to eat and going to the Sounds game. Looking forward to enjoying a little AAA baseball with my daughter and some friends. A BIG Thanks to Sports Talk Radio 560am for hooking me up with some tix, THANKS!

This is Trap, and I'm out!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

AddThis Feed Button